Tempting Failure 2018 - Open Call
Applications for TF18 are now open!
Deadline: 7th April 2018
We’re back, and thrilled to launch our open call for applications to our 7th year of performance art and noise.
TF18 will be the first event in our new biennial format and will take place from 9th - 22nd July in and around Croydon, South London.
Our open call is your chance to get involved - it’s open to artists from anywhere in the world, at all stages of their careers and we are interested in work from live performance, noise/sound, and fine art disciplines. If you live in Croydon, then we especially want to hear from you!
As always, Tempting Failure is dedicated to radical, transgressive and under-represented work that explores risk and challenges preconceptions. Find out more about us and the work we programme.
Our provocation for 2018 is Fractured Bodies. We welcome diverse, immediate, radical, philosophical, inventive, political, abstract and urgent responses to this theme.
We additionally invite applications from artists with experiences or responses to refugee crisis or mental health and we welcome applications from disabled/neurodiverse artists - we have resources in place to support your work.
What we offer:
Artists we programme will receive the following -
- We believe in paying artists - each artist programmed will receive a fee for their work.
- Help with travel costs – emergent artists from outside London can apply for a grant towards their travel costs, up to £100.
- See everything else in the festival for free – at TF2016 we programmed 85 artists from around the world and held a number of networking and professional development sessions. As a programmed artist, you’ll get access to all of this.
- Food on the day of your performance – on the day your work is shown we’ll give you a meal voucher worth £10 that supports local independent business.
- Professional development support based on where you tell us you are in your career currently.
- In-kind technical, production and publicity investment as part of the festival.
- High quality and sensitive documentation of the work you show – check our galleries from previous events and our videos on Vimeo.
How to apply:
Just complete our application form and tell us all about you, your practice and the piece you are proposing.
We also accept video applications from disabled/neurodiverse artists - information about submitting a video can be found in the form.
The deadline for application is Midnight on Saturday 7th April.
We will shortly be opening applications for our mentoring scheme. We will have 7 places for emergent and graduate artists to work one-on-one with an established artist mentor and develop new work to show at Tempting Failure. Join our mailing list if you’d like to be notified when that scheme launches.
This opportunity is made possible through the gracious support of Arts Council England and Croydon's Creative Partnership Fund.
The TF18 selection process will take place across three stages. The second stage is a selection panel made up of artists and those from the art industry – all independent of Tempting Failure. We aim to get back to all applicants within 6 weeks of the closing date.